The University Look

     I'm a college student; so,  it goes without saying, I like to party and party hard. 

     I have come to terms with the fact that not everyone can pull off the hung-over look as well as I can. Still, all too often I see mistakes when walking around school campuses. I think to myself, if this is the era that you develop who you are, where you meet your friends for life, and often a place where you meet your love match soo.. "why the hell are you lookin' like that?" [aside]I am judgmental, you'll learn to love it. ;)
     So, how do you stand out from the rest without giving up comfort? I believe I have perfected the University look of "Yes, I rolled out of bed, but damn! I make this hang over look good." Running late for class, rolling out of bed, and feeling like death warmed up does not mean you have to give up on your appearance and self-respect. Yes, you can be the college student that walks around in sweats, a t-shirt, and slip-ons; but, if you are going to do that,  do it with style. While, these are some basics* that every college boy needs, do them with an edge. 

The Look:
- RockChalk Represent: Show school pride in your University Tee. 
I'm all about tucking in and rolling sleeves. 
- Comfort with Edge: The drop-crocth and tapered leg in these sweat pant adds a great urban edge to a look. Did I mention there is a back pocket for your wallet?
- Dressy/Cas Denim: A dark resin denim jacket is a great look for fall. Stay with a dark wash, to keep a refined look.
Investment Pieces:
- Invest in a good tote, backpack, or messenger bag. Freitag is a Swiss brand made for running around on a bike and to handle the weather. I mean, you need something to carry your Mac/iPad around, right? They make products compatible with all your Apple needs.
- When treading around campus, these Top-Siders are a great slip on to invest in. But, please wear nylon socks with them. 
- Ray-Ban Wayfarers are a classic shape that every guy should have in his closet. 
- Seal the deal with a great time piece. I love me a leather strap and bold face; but, try wrapping a wristband around it. 
Believe me, Girls notice first a man's shoes, hair, and nails. 
Give him a good watch and she'll notice the details.

Get the Look:
- Kansas University Tee (Allgate Clothing Co. : Standard Style.com)***
- OAK Black Drop-Crotch Sweatpants (OakNYC.com)
- Black Sperry Boat Shoe (SperryTopSider.com)
- 1969 Denim Jacket (Gap.com)
- Wayfarer Sunglasses (Ray-Ban.com)
- D&G Time Watch (Nordstrom.com)
- Leather Wrist Band (J.Crew.com)
- Tote (Frietag.com)**



I'd say, you could walk around campus in this and still feel confident enough to ask that cute girl sitting in front of you on the bus out. A girl loves a guy who knows how to put himself together.
Best of Luck, Boys.

the dark side of preppy,

- Apollo

*other basics include Aspirin, Altoids, Adderall, and Coffee with a little bit of Baileys [not necessarily in that order]
**not featured with outfit
***just thought I'd let you know "made in canada" <3



Followers