Boots for Bootcut

Fall is here; thus,
 boots are here too.
 What's new for me; however, 
Bootcut jeans are here as well. 

I'm a slender guy, there's not doubt about that. I own a lot of skinny, slim or straight denim. I decided to spice up my closet a bit with the new moon and new season by a new (for me) look. Bootcut jeans. These aren't your dad's bootcut jeans. These are the new Slim Boot. It's a brilliant, modern cut that every guy who is a bit leaner should invest in. I mean, when it comes to style, you want to stand out. In a world full of slim, skinny and jeggings .. why not had a little flare. (Get the pun? I had a laugh over that for a good 45 seconds, too).

I must add a WARNING! It is an irritation I must get off my chest. Women for the longest time have lived off a bootcut and flare at the bottom of their jeans. It's a clever way to minimize one's hips; it creates a balance for the feminine form. Brilliant, unless you abuse it. Here are some rules for a boot cut:

1. Bootcut means you wear it with a boot or some form of shoe that adds hight. No flat shoes, keep the sneakers away, and avoid the Sperry, unless the are hemmed to fall accordingly. Try an oxford on if you want to dress it up. 

2. Never roll a flare up. Keep that to the straight fit or slim fits. 

3. Do not wear a bootcut that is too flare, gentlemen. The bellbottom left for a reason. Unless you have a perfect balance of style head to toe, keep it simple. 

Oh my stars, this weather and style gets me in the mood for a motorcycle ride.

- Apollo


edit: I must add this on, B. Knorr was much of the inspiration for this post. Forgive me for not giving credit earlier. Much love for that man. 


Followers